RUGBY OPERATIONS MANAGER
Job title: Rugby Operations Manager
Job ad category: Sport & Recreation
Job location: All Adelaide, SA
Work type: Full time
Salary Details: $59,950 – $71,175
Key Selling Points:
- Rare opportunity for mid-management role in State Rugby governing body
- Energetic and motivated team to work with
- Lead participation growth across IX’s, 7’s, Women’s, Men’s and Junior’s.
Join a forward-thinking sporting organisation with direct influence of competition management and growth of rugby in South Australia
Job ad details:
Rugby Union SA is the peak body responsible for the management and growth of the sport of Rugby Union in South Australia. It services its member clubs and affiliates through the provision of competitions and operates development programs aimed at increasing the participation base of Rugby in the State in traditional Rugby XVs and both contact and non-contact Rugby Sevens.
Rugby Union South Australia (RUSA) has created a new exciting position following an organisational restructure. This middle-management role will oversee rugby development staff, pathways development and the administration of rugby competitions in the State. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Regular interaction with committees and governing bodies, including a new Rugby Advisory Committee (RAC), Club Presidents, Junior Coordinators and Rugby Services staff with the Australian Rugby Union (ARU)
- Competition administration, including draws, fee structures, competition rules, transfers/clearances
- Coordination and administration of Judiciary and Code of Conduct
- Support the Rugby Union SA Referees Association and SA Schools Rugby Union Association.
- Drive and oversee development and participation through Development Officers applying strategic initiatives
- Partner with South Australian rugby clubs to support their club development in line with the sport.
As a key representative and contact point for the sport in South Australia, the ideal candidate requires excellent communication skills, strong prioritisation skills, and resilience in dealing with difficult situations. Relevant tertiary qualifications and knowledge/experience in sport administration (and particularly Rugby Union) will be highly regarded.
This full-time role will require flexibility in working hours, including availability on Saturdays throughout the competition season.
Applications close 31 October 2017.
Application email: email@example.com