Come Try Rugby events are a club initiative that give the opportunity for new participants to try rugby union in a fun, friendly and club environment. Volunteers and coaches from the clubs give their own time up to run the event providing a fun, interactive environment with volunteers running the canteen and welcoming new parents to the club environment.
Committee members from the clubs come up with ways to promote the event with the support and help from Rugby SA development officers. This year’s statistics are below with some clubs still yet to run there’s. The statistics below give us more understanding of the numbers that can be brought to these come try events and its worth running the sessions before each season starts.
Congratulations to all the wins clubs get from this.
- Adelaide Uni also ran a successful come try rugby day with 24 for juniors in attendance.
- Brighton had 35 players attend with 15 new registrations across under 6/7s, u8s, u10s through to under 14s.
- Elizabeth had 25 players attend Come n Try with an average of 20 kids participating the Summer Academy.
- Souths had 12 new players attend with hopefully the outcome of new registrations across the age groups.
- Vikings had 23 players attend with 15 new faces enjoying a new sport to try.
- Woodville had 125 players with 60 new faces to the club.